My Favourite DetoxSep 25, 2023
by Roxana Valea
Roxana is the founder of The HEAL Institute and a Reiki Master and energy medicine practitioner. In this article she shares her favourite detox diet: Antony William’s detox diet as featured in the Medical Medium book.
I’ve been a fan of Anthony William ever since I read his first book: Medical Medium. It just rang true, and I learned to listen to my intuition. So I decided to try out some of the things he recommended and see how they work for me.
The first thing I tried was lemon water in the morning first thing after waking up. This was an easy mainly because I was already used to having a glass of warm water first thing in the morning. I simply had to add the lemon. My dentist told me I’ll be destroying the enamel on my teeth, but I held onto what I felt was right. I tried the lemon water. I liked it. I did not destroy my teeth. I felt it left me hydrated for longer and eliminated cravings. It felt good.
So, I decided to take one more step: the celery juice. Now this is a biggie for Anthony William, the author of Medical Medium. He claims celery is a miracle plant and dinking it on an empty stomach in the morning can bring huge health benefits. Notably:
- Improve Digestion: Celery juice can enhance digestion by increasing stomach acid production, which may help with the breakdown of food.
- Reduce Inflammation: Celery juice is said to have anti-inflammatory properties that may be beneficial for people dealing with conditions related to inflammation, such as arthritis.
- Alkalise the body: Celery juice can help balance the body's pH levels and create a more alkaline environment, which supports overall health.
- Detoxify the liver: Celery juice can aid in detoxification by flushing out toxins and supporting the liver's natural detox processes.
- Improve Skin Health: Celery juice contains compounds that promote healthy skin by reducing acne, eczema, and other skin issues.
- Reduce Blood Pressure: Celery juice can help lower blood pressure.
- Boost Hydration: Celery juice is made up of mostly water, so it can contribute to hydration.
- Help with Weight Loss: Celery juice helps weight loss by helping to reduce cravings and promote a feeling of fullness.
- Enhance Immunity: Celery juice supports the immune system by providing essential vitamins and minerals.
In order to be effective celery juice needs to be taken undiluted, unmixed with any other fruit or veggie juice and on an empty stomach, about 30 min after the lemon water.
I tried it. It took a while to get used to the taste but once I did I was hooked. I found that it helped my digestion, kept me feeling fuller for longer and it definitely decreased my cravings.
The next step was easy – do a full 3-6 -9 day cleanse as he recommends in his other book “Cleanse to Heal”.
In short this is what I did:
- Drank lemon water and celery juice in the morning followed by fruit or an oatmeal cooked with water and honey
- Kept off these foods for 9 days: gluten, eggs, diary, pork, fish, alcohol, coffee and any processed foods.
- Stayed fat free until lunch for the first 3 days and then all day for the next 6 days
- Ate only fruit on day 9. I had a feast on melon and watermelon that day!
- Drank plenty of water and coconut water every day.
- Ate tons of fruit and veggies. Mode than I had in a normal month.
Results: I dropped about 1 dress size and 2 kilos in weight. My bloating was gone. My skin felt amazing. My cravings were a thing of the past. My self-confidence went through the roof. And no, I did not feel hungry.
I have no idea what it did to my liver. I guess the future will tell. But I know I’m hooked. And I’m planning to keep on doing it at least twice a year.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Get weekly insights, motivation, and wellness ideas delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.